Friday, December 7, 2007

Buses

Everyday I wake up at 6:40, catch a bus at 7:45, arrive at Shin Urayasu train station at 8:00 and then walk the 15 minutes to school. I say this not to aid my stalker but to set the scene for just when the following two events happened.

As I am walking to school from the station I have twice now seen a strange thing written on a passing bus. In Japan the buses have their destination written on the front in Japanese and then beneath in English letters. A few weeks ago I saw a bus with no one but the driver onboard heading to, "Merry Christmas," which I thought was nice.

Yesterday though I saw a bus which said it was heading simply, "Forward." This certainly has to be one of the vaguest things you could possibly write as the destination of a bus. There is nowhere around here with that name so I can only guess that if you want to go forwards in life but with no particular destination in mind then this is the bus for you. Perhaps this is a new service for people with nowhere particlar to go, depressed people could get the "Somewhere happy," bus and the claustraphobia and arachnaphobia sufferers could go on a day trip together on the "Open and spider free place" bus.

No comments: